Think you’ve got the right stuff? Check out our job openings and drop us a line at RECRUITING@TRADMED.COM if your skills and inclinations match one of our open positions.
Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, forty-year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The Company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Wal-Mart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
TM is an independent, employee-owned (ESOP), mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 40 years.
We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a sales and marketing office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Marketing Project Specialist
Title: Marketing Project Specialist
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Location: Petaluma, CA
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual with strong project management skills to join our team.
Under the direction of the VP of Marketing and Senior Brand Manager, the Marketing Project Specialist (MPS) will be a key marketing team member, leading packaging graphics management via a cross-functional team, and managing marketing projects in partnership with the brand team, broader marketing team, Sales Services team and/or outside marketing agencies.
This position offers a meaningful opportunity to help propel an environmentally and socially sustainable Company to a long-term leadership position in the US tea market. Today TM is the leading medicinal, organic and fair trade tea company in the US and is poised for tremendous growth via the right products, strong distribution, financial stability and support from our board of directors to dramatically transform the Company.
TM is seeking a detail-oriented, collaborative individual with the ability to manage complex projects. Candidates should have experience leading and assisting with marketing project management and coordination. This is a collaborative role, requiring good working relationships and communication with marketing peers, across functions, and with outside partners.
Leadership and management of packaging graphics projects and process
- Proactively drive packaging graphics projects and routines via internal coordination, task planning, and resource scheduling
- Lead packaging graphics updating and routing process, including scheduling routing meetings, relaying feedback to Production Artist, updating packaging tracking documentation, and recommending process improvements
- Develop packaging graphics change schedules, and monitor their progress in order to meet set deadlines
- Communicate consistently with internal cross-functional team members
- Supervise foreign language translation of packaging materials
Management and/or execution of key marketing projects
- Work closely with brand team, other marketing colleagues, Sales Services and/or outside agencies to manage timing and execution of deliverables for marketing projects – such as sampling, promotions, innovation projects, coupons, shopper marketing, displays and trade shows
Ongoing contributions to digital marketing
- Assist in traditionalmedicinals.com website content management and analytics
- Serve as TM lead with external online consumer review agency
- Nurture a collaborative consumer-oriented culture cross-functionally within Traditional Medicinals
- Collaborate daily with marketing colleagues
- Strong project management skills, including ability to manage against strategies, budgets and timelines
- Very strong team player, ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Executional skills, including ability to manage complex, detail-oriented marketing tactics
- Passion for natural and organic products a plus
Education & Experience
- BS/BA required
- At least two years’ experience in marketing project management / coordination
- Strongly prefer experience in marketing in the CPG space
- Prefer experience with packaging graphics management
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered, including an annual bonus program based on company performance and full health benefits.
Traditional Medicinals offers a professional, mission-driven work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “Marketing Project Specialist” in the subject heading. This position is an on-site, Petaluma-based position. We look forward to your submission!
Quality Control Senior Analyst
Title: Quality Control Senior Analyst
Reports to: QC Lab Supervisor
Department: Quality Control
Perform required quality control testing on all incoming ingredients, blends and finished goods including but not limited to: assays, HPLC, TLC and microbiological testing. Provide technical / scientific leadership in the areas of analytical chemistry, specifically, HPLC & HPTLC. Maintain all testing records according to GMPs, company policies and procedures.
- Primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical leadership in analytical methodologies, specifically HPLC and TLC. Includes, but not limited to systems qualification and validation activities, development of qualification and operational procedures, interpretation of data and report generation, establishing troubleshooting guides, training and qualification of other analysts, interpretation and application of compendial methods.
- Conduct method transfers and validations for chromatography and analytical procedures.
- Perform routine quality control testing for incoming ingredients, blends and finished products according to laboratory SOPs and GMPs.
- Research, recommend and implement new in house analytical methods and equipment.
- Responsible for report generation, data analysis and metrics.
- Record and maintain internal test results and testing logs and laboratory notebooks and associated GMP documentation.
- Responsible for the generation and revision of controlled documents as related to process improvements or process development. Generate necessary test forms, training and working documents. Provide as needed training to other QC personnel for new or revised documents.
- Interface with Traditional Medicinals Research and Development Department to develop appropriate test methods for new ingredients and finished products.
- Share general laboratory duties with peers – i.e. glassware preparation, sampling and labeling, inspection, etc.
- Assist QC Supervisor with day to day activities, represent QC in cross functional meetings and collaborate with Supervisor in oversight of QC functions.
BA or BS in scientific discipline. Graduate work preferred.
Minimum 10 years of analytical experience in food, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical industry.
GMP or ISO regulated industry experience preferred.
Botanical experience preferred.
Hands-on experience in HPLC systems and software.
Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS.